Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday Monday

10 am: Today is the day that Daddy, in his not so infinite wisdom, has decided to get the girls on a nap schedule. No more will the girls spend the days asleep in the packn'play or bouncy chairs whenever THEY decide is a good time.
Now after they have been up no MORE than 2 hours, they go up to their room and lie down. If they sleep 20 minutes, fine. If they sleep 2 hours, great, but within 2 hours of waking, they go back down.

Note to self: Talk to sue about making the guest room (which is downstairs) the nursery, or get a ranch house next time. We have too many stairs :)

But, this isn't about what's "convenient" or easy for me, but what, in the long run, is going to be best for the girls. They are NOT happy with this, Let me tell you. I can hear them scream about it over the monitor (ok, I could hear them scream if I had the volume turned up, but the downstairs receiver has a vibrate feature that I'm using. It sounds Like we have a swarm of bees. I do turn the sound up every minute or so to make sure that it's just them being mad and not something really wrong).

It's now 10:15, in about 5 minutes I will go up and comfort them, (but not pick them up) and then leave again. Rinse and repeat until they have slept and woken up or 2(ish) hours have passed. this is NOT an easy thing to do. I, like most parents, are hardwired to want to pick up and comfort a crying child.

10:20 Am: Silence on the monitor. I sneak upstairs, Libby and Mel are sound asleep, looking so peaceful. I feel better now

Ok, on to other things. I remember Sue asking me last night if I had put the memory card back in the camera after I had updated the blog last night. I, of course, said "yup", well, as it turned out I didn't. Fortunately I had the camera configured that if a memory card is in, it stores to the card otherwise it goes to internal memory.
After I had put the card back in and copied the pics I'd taken this morning to the card, I discovered some other pictures of the girls that had never made it to the card, but were hiding in memory, so here are some photos that I'm not sure when they were made (a couple I know,but not others) and then as a special bonus, one of the girls practicing for the Olympics :)






I think this was from around the 1st part of April











Auntie Mel and the Girls :)











Auntie Cecelia, Mommy, Daddy, and Libby











Synchronized Finger Sucking: The next big sport for the rest of us?

1 Comments:

At Monday, May 15, 2006 11:36:00 AM , Blogger Tina said...

ah - the dreaded starting the nap time!

This is very good later, but is terrible until they figure it out! Stick to your guns!

I hope Sue had a great Mother's Day!

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home