Sunday, March 19, 2006

My Daughter, the Elf

It's amazing the things you notice at four a.m. during a feeding. Mel has pointed ears. She's my little elf girl (as I'm PRETTY sure neither Sue or I have any Vulcan blood in our systems).
Sue says all babys have pointed ears, as they have to fold to get out of the womb, but how cool would it be if they stay pointed? Most of the people I just to hang out with (Science Fiction Fans, Roleplaying Gamers) would be oh so cool with it.

Ok, now this is a scary thought. As I am the primary caregiver and plan on homeschooling, I am the standard that the girls are going to use for what's "NORMAL" .


We have just passed the 12 week mark with the girls. Just a few more days and the kids will be 3 months old. It's odd, 3 months seems such a short time, yet it also feel like they have been here for ever and ever (Hallelujah! Hallelujah!) :) It is amazing how much they have grown. They are beginning to gain weight faster than my arm muscles can adapt. It won't be too long before they out grow the tiedyed onesies :(





This is the first (of what I'm assuming is many, many, many) in a "before" and "after" photos. The one on the left was taken the day the left the NICU and the one on the right was taken today (3/19/2006). Same girls, same outfits. Almost hard to tell that they are the same children.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:53:00 PM , Blogger Tina said...

When Diana was born, her feet were folded right up against her shins. Needless to say, I was a bit freaked about that. Elf ears would have been preferred!

My goodness, they sure have some cute chubby cheeks! Lucky for them my mom's aunt isn't around - she used to bite my mom's chubby cheeks!

They sure are looking good!

:)

 
At Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:46:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel and Libby have grown so much and yes what lovely little chubby cheeks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home