Sunday, February 18, 2007

Photos old and new(ish)

This is a photo of
me with Dad taken yearly 1957 I would guess. Don't I look a lot like Mel?









This is my Mom and Dad on their wedding day. I think. I wasn't there ;) I hadn't been aware that this photo even existed. This would be Sometime in May 1955 (I think). I was born some 16-18 months later.













This is my Mom. From the clothing, I'm guessing that this is my Sister Kate. She was born in November, 1957.










I'm guessing mid to late '60s for this photo. Pictured are Aunt Vivian (Mom's younger sister), Uncle Joe, Diane, my younger cousin Pam, my cousin Craig, and my maternal Grandparents. It must have been a great day, I don't ever remember my Granddaddy and Grandma being as happy as they were in this photo.


Ok, now some random photos from christmas time to the near present......





"You are the funniest doggie I have ever seen"











"Am I cute or what?"








"Is this how I use the toothbrush? Wanna you mean this is a spoon?"











"I think I see the problem. It's a box, not a spaceship."










"Ready or not, here I come."













"What color is purple, again?"








"Piggy, you are my bestest friend."












"Who put that wall there?"










"Wake up Libby. I wanna play and all Daddy is doing is taking pictures."











"The Queen of the toy box surveys her Queendom."








Mel and Libby climbing stairs.....






















3 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 4:12:00 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Um that might be you, not Kate in the foofy white dress & bonnet. If you were baptised as a baby, that is. All babies back then wore foofy dresses to be baptised. In fact, Trevor wore Lee's baptismal gown when he was baptised. Diana had hers made by an aunt, and Connor had white SHORTS (oh my!!)

:)

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:43:00 PM , Blogger Rocky said...

I was raised southern baptist where babies are NOT baptisted (we believe that until you know/understand the difference between sinning and not sinning you're on the pearly gate guest list. Or something like that. I was baptised at age 8 and since one of the tenets of faith is "once saved, always saved" I'm covered.
Assuming that we're right and Odin or some such isn't in charge.

 
At Sunday, March 04, 2007 5:01:00 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Yeah - Catholics have to make it more complicated.

Baby baptism is to cleanse you of original sin so in case you get killed, your soul is clean before you're even old enough to think of sinning.

First Reconciliation comes next, where you're old enough to know you've been bad and need to ask forgiveness. (and contrary to the mafia version of confession - you really are supposed to repent and change your ways, even with being absolved of the sin).

First Communion is after that, with the invitation to share in the community of the church & Christ.

And our Confirmation is what a lot of other faiths do with their baptism. At confirmation you are well-versed enough in your faith to confirm it's what you believe. If you join the catholic church as an adult, they often roll baptism, communion & confirmation into one ceremony (usually at Easter Vigil). You're supposed to do reconciliation before you get First Communion, so that's separate.

Trevor & Diana still haven't done confirmation. It's not that they don't get it or aren't old enough - we just haven't signed them up for classes for it. Connor has yet to do reconciliation & communion. We just don't know if he gets it enough yet...

The next sacraments in line would be either marriage or church vocation - priest or nun, basically.

And at the end, there's the last rites. That's it! And there's your catholic lesson for the day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home