Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving

We're planning on having photo Christmas cards this year. This one has my vote.
Yes, I said Christmas, not Seasons greeting, not Holiday but Christmas. I like Christmas. I like Santa Claus. I like finding the perfect present.
If you don't celebrate Christmas, that's cool and if you want to wish me a happy Chanukah or Kwanza or Joyous Solstice or whatever you observe I'm happy to receive it. But I am not now nor do I ever think I will pass as "Politically Correct".

Sorry about that.








"Uncle Steve! Uncle Steve! Can I help? Please! Please!"







"I'm helping my Uncle Steve!"








"Daddy, what are all those good smells?"












Thanksgiving dinner. This was the first time the girls have had dinner with the rest of the family. It was so much fun and I swear that Mel was about 3 pounds heaver the next morning.

They (and we lol) had roast turkey, dressing (Mel, Libby and I anyway...Seems I married into a "stuffing family" but they baked some stuffing for me which I shared), peas, mashed taters, mock mashed potatoes (made with califlower), mashed parsnips (which the girls just LOVED), baked pearl onions and yeast rolls. I know I forgot something, but I was too busy putting food on Mel's tray (oh yes, the girls fed themselves!)

1 Comments:

At Thursday, November 30, 2006 11:10:00 AM , Blogger Tina said...

Yay! Sounds like a great Thanksgiving.

I got a good photo of the family at the Tree Hunt, so that's what we'll be using on our card. I get them done through Wal-Mart.

If mine say "Season's Greetings" instead of "Merry Christmas," it's not because I'm being PC, but because I figure that works for Happy New Year too, if they don't make it in time for Christmas :P

And if you'll notice, I hang up the cards at our house on the wall. All the photo one seem to stay up for the whole year until the next Christmas! Hee.

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home