Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Baby is a Baby, but you can build things out of wood

Don't the girls look cute in these outfits that Auntie Mel made?
Of course they look cute period. But is it just me, or do these outfits look kinda like superhero costumes?

WONDERBUG POWERS ACTIVATE!

Notice the pretty blue background?
It's the covering of top I made for a old trunk that we got from the grandparents so I would have a place big enough for Mel and Libby's bouncy chairs. Sue had the incredibly bright idea to upholster it which has made it ever so much more useful.

I am a pretty great Stay@Home Dad, a pretty darn good salesman (2 individual and 1 team "Circle of Excellance" awards), a better than decent cook. What I really am not great at is woodworking. Right now that p@@@s me off.

I've always been fascinated by the whole concept of taking a tree and turning it into something useful.

I'd say my skill level right now is better than Homer Simpson ( It may not look pretty, but it works) and Tim "The Toolman" Taylor (I only occasionally hurt myself), but not by much (my opinion). But the part that gives me hope is that everything I make, I learn so much. If I had to make this over, It would be cheaper and better looking.

Not stronger. I tend to over engineer things, turns out. The top is so sturdy, that if there is a hurricane, tornado, meteor, etc., I'm hiding under it.

The 3 sided wall partition is an add-on to keep the kids from seeing the TV (according to the American Association of Pediatrics, there is a pretty strong relationship between TV watching below the age of 2 and A.D.D.



2 Comments:

At Monday, May 22, 2006 11:30:00 AM , Blogger Tina said...

So, you basically had Diana come over to babysit so you could update your blog?

Just kidding!!!

I hope you & Sue got a lot done.

Thanks for the updates!

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:30:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rocky, You're just dang good!!!!
And a great story teller, too......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home